Resources for Bigs
BBBSCW Match Forms
- Volunteer Guide to Friendship
- Portage County Match Activity Guide
- Wood County – Marshfield Match Activity Guide
- Wood County – Wisconsin Rapids Match Activity Guide
- *Friendship Card Deals are listed inside of the Match Activity Guides. If you need an additional Friendship Card – please contact your Match Specialist.
- Stevens Point YMCA Member Form (Bigs and Littles are free to use facility if form is filled out/submitted to YMCA front desk)
Self Care Resources
Brené Brown PhD, LMSW: She has spent the past two decades studying courage, vulnerability, shame, and empathy and is the author of five #1 New York Times bestsellers: The Gifts of Imperfection, Daring Greatly, Rising Strong, Braving the Wilderness, and her latest book, Dare to Lead. Brené hosts the Unlocking Us Podcast and the Dare to Lead Podcast. Her TED talk – The Power of Vulnerability – is one of the top five most viewed TED talks in the world with over 50 million views. She is also the first researcher to have a filmed lecture on Netflix. The Call to Courage special debuted Netflix in April 2019.
Trauma Informed Care / Adverse Childhood Experiences Resources
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Resources
Human Rights Campaign: This organization works locally, nationally, and globally on issues that affect the LGBTQ+ community.
The Trevor Project: This organization provides crisis intervention and resources for LGBTQ youth. Trained counselors are available 24/7 for youth in crisis or those that just need a judgement-free place to talk: 866-488-7386.